Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Making a Movie : Film Studies

 Last week we have been working on an awesome task, we had to make a movie about a topic that we can choose, our film should be at least no longer than 30 seconds, any music we will use has to be free so we don't get copyright causing a fine. The film has to include different camera angles/shots and the storyline should make sense to the viewers. 

We first chose to do a basketball type film, this will be a plot where in basketball two competitors will challenge. We kept it simple since we have to do a 30sec movie, there were four members in my team, Myself, Eugene, Gerald, and Jay-c. After choosing our topic we had to make a storyboard that will show our plot for the film. 

Afterwards we started recording and following that we finished the recording, right after we started editing the video clips on my mobile. It didn't take too long to edit the whole video, I tried my best to make it 30secs but was 1secs longer. We didn't accomplish the 30secs film but I think we did quite well with the movie itself, my two teammates were a bit annoying and off-task so I had to improvise and change the plot a little and it turned out well.


What was your film about?

Our Film was about Basketball and two Competitors challenging each other.

Something I enjoyed in making my film...?

What I enjoyed most was recording with camera angles and shots included within, it made the movie more interesting and I loved editing.

Something I learned when making my film...?

I didn't learn much while making the film because most stuff was pretty basic but I did learn a few camera angles and shots that made the movie better.

Some film techniques I included were...?

Close up, Point of View, Long shot, Over the Shoulder and Medium Shot.

Something I found challenging was...?

To be honest I didn't have any problems or anything challenging so I found it pretty easy and fun.

What I would do differently next time...?

The result probably wasn't my best so maybe next time I should add more effects and sound to give it more power. 

2 comments:

  1. Ranit - I really liked your film as Basketball is my favourite sport and your filming was very clear. I enjoy how you overlay one piece of the movie on top of another. Next time see if you can get a tripod as this helps heaps with filming and allows you to also be in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranit .. I enjoyed your 30 second video... your use of a variety of camera techniques and shots added the visual interest this needed, and. made it engaging. Having finished this task, what would you add as a technique if you were to do this again? #mnanahoromaka

    ReplyDelete

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about