Pages

Monday, November 8, 2021

Workshop : SEXXXY Paragraphs

Brainstorm -

Diegetic Sound - Close ups-shows the emotions of the two - nervous, anxious, mostly Peeta.

Lighting / Colour - mood - sad, gloomy - greys, dark, blacks, dim lighting - works with close-ups to highlight emotions on faces.

Character / Dialogue - "I don't want them to change me" "I don't wanna be another piece in their game" "If I'm gonna die, I still wanna be me"

The atmosphere the scene is creating - Foreboding, Hesitant, Nervous, Reluctant

Theme - Rich vs Poor, Hope & Rebellion, Struggle for Power

What happened - Peeta & Katniss are having a conversation about how the games might affect them.


Scene - 'They don't own me'

In the scene, 'They don't own me; dialogue is used to create a foreboding atmosphere. Katniss and Peeta are having a conversation about how the upcoming games might affect them. This is demonstrated by the quotes "I don't want them to change me; and "If I'm gonna die, I still wanna be me" spoken by Peeta. This shows that Peeta has a sense that he is going to have to do things that he doesn't want to do like killing others. 

This makes the audience feel mournful for Peeta because he is likely going to die, or to kill others to stay alive. The director did this to make us believe Peeta will die early and that being a tribute isn't something to celebrate but a loss of personal autonomy. This worked well with the dark colours of black and greys which add to the foreboding atmosphere. This aspect can be contrasted to when Peeta joins the Career Pack once in the games because they are cold-hearted killers which is what Peeta didn't want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments
Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about